Start / Menu > Find Press Releases > Full Press Release
San Francisco—Aug 22, 2011
Leading Museums and Science Centers Choose Dolby 3D for Immersing Entertainment Experience
Highly selective venues embrace Dolby 3D to enhance education and deliver dramatic realism to visitors
Building on the global success of its flexible, premium 3D technology, Dolby Laboratories, Inc., (NYSE: DLB) today announced a growing list of specialty exhibitors who have selected Dolby as their 3D partner. Famed institutions have chosen Dolby 3D to deliver an exciting and educational 3D digital cinema experience.
“Dolby has a rich history of ensuring the highest quality, most immersing experience creating sound and images exactly as the director intended with Dolby surround sound and Dolby 3D,” said Matt Cuson, Senior Director, Cinema, Dolby Laboratories. “These partnerships are indicative of our continued momentum with specialty exhibitors and underscore the value of Dolby’s leading 3D digital cinema technology.”Dolby’s premium 3D experience has been traveling with the impressive museum exhibit Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs. Dolby 3D was selected to present Giant Screen Films’ Egypt 3D: Secrets of the Mummies, a companion 3D movie experience to National Geographic’s touring ancient artifact exhibition. Giant Screen Films and D3D Cinema have equipped high profile locations with Dolby 3D including the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Atlanta Civic Center, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Denver Art Museum, Discovery Times Square exposition center, and Melbourne Museum in Victoria, Australia.
D3D Cinema has also recently partnered with the Dinosaurs Alive traveling exhibit, which is running Giant Screen Films’ Dinosaurs Alive! 3D in Dolby 3D. Currently, Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is playing at Kings Island Amusement Park in Mason, Ohio, and at the Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley, California.“Giant Screen Films and D3D Cinema, as an integration partner for museums and institutional markets, continues to bring the latest in digital cinema technologies and 3D movies to specialty screens across the country with the help of Dolby,” said Don Kempf, President and Founder, Giant Screen Films and D3D Cinema. “Dolby 3D helps specialty venues looking to deliver the best playback experience for its patrons to present the highest quality digital and digital 3D movies.”Dolby’s list of specialty 3D digital cinema installations in collaboration with Giant Screen Films and D3D Cinema continues to grow:
· The San Diego Natural History Museum installed Dolby 3D in its 300-seat Charmaine and Maurice Kaplan Theater which is currently showing The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D, Ocean Oasis, and Turtle Reef 3D.
· The Field Museum in Chicago, with a rich history more than 120 years in the making, recently added The Ernst & Young 3D Theater, a completely digital 3D theater using state-of-the-art Dolby 3D technology.
· Dolby 3D is a signature attraction at the The Connecticut Science Center’s Hoffman Foundation 3D Science Theater. The Science Center is currently playing Bugs! A Rainforest Adventure in 3D, Sea Rex 3D: Journey to a Prehistoric World, and Wild Ocean 3D.
· The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science in Albuquerque, New Mexico, recently installed itsnew 270-seat, stadium-style, Dolby 3D equipped Lockheed Martin DynaTheater. The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D andDinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D are currently playing in Dolby 3D.
· The Franklin Theater at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has cinema-style seating, a new surround sound system, acoustical treatment, and a Dolby 3D system. Currently playing are The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D and Dinosaurs Alive! 3D.
· The New York Hall of Science Museum in Queens, New York, built around one of the few remaining pavilions from the 1964 World’s Fair, will be installing Dolby 3D in its theater this August.
Additional museums and science centers feature Dolby 3D as well:
· Johnson Geo Centre in St. John’s, Canada, uses Dolby Digital Cinema and Dolby 3D technology in the Steele Earth & Space Theatre. Currently the Johnson Geo Centre is showcasing high definition 2D and 3D movies including Earth: The Power of the Planet and How to Build a Human in 2D as well as Dinosaurs Alive! 3D and Fly Me to the Moon in 3D.
· Natural Science Center of Greensboro, North Carolina, is currently using Dolby 3D in its brand new, state-of-the-art Omnisphere Total Immersion Theater of the Triad playing Waking the T. Rex: The Story of Sue 3D and The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D as well as other 2D digital presentations.
· The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco and the veteran media and technology consultants at Visual Acuity chose the Dolby 3D system for the new Hearst Forum’s 3D theater.
· The Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, New York, worked with Digital Media Systems to install Dolby 3D in the museum’s 267-seat theater.
For a list of other Dolby 3D locations, visit www.dolby.com/consumer/motion_picture/ddcinemas/index.html.
About Dolby 3D Digital Cinema
Dolby 3D delivers an efficient and flexible solution designed to provide audiences with a superior 3D experience. Dolby’s 3D solution uses a unique full-spectrum color-filter technology that provides realistic color reproduction and extremely sharp images. Additionally, Dolby 3D glasses are reusable, passive, and environmentally friendly and provide an ultra-premium 3D experience with enhanced performance and comfort.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.:
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Directory page
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Web Site
More Dolby Press Releases:
Jan 20, 2015
Rodrigo García’s Last Days in the Desert Is Recipient of Dolby Family Sound Fellowship
Jan 15, 2015
Ray Dolby, Audio Pioneer and Founder of Dolby Laboratories to Be Honored with Posthumous Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Dec 8, 2014
100 Dolby Atmos Screens with Cinema 21
Dec 3, 2014
JT Eindhoven Unveils One of the First Dolby Cinema Locations in the World
Dec 3, 2014
Dolby Selects Christie to Co-Develop Dolby Vision Projection Systems for Dolby Cinema
Dec 3, 2014
Dolby Launches the Next-Generation Cinema Experience
Nov 3, 2014
Dolby Acquires Doremi Labs
Oct 27, 2014
Dolby Atmos Surpasses 200-Title Milestone with New Films Announced at ShowEast 2014
Oct 10, 2014
AHL to Roll Out 20 Dolby Atmos Screens in Australia
Aug 4, 2014
The Pirates to Be Released in Dolby Atmos
Jul 14, 2014
Kundo: Age of the Rampant to be Released in Dolby Atmos
May 29, 2014
Village Cinemas Brings an Immersive and Unparalleled Entertainment Experience to Moviegoers in Australia with Dolby Atmos Audio Technology
Mar 24, 2014
Dolby: The Best of Sight and Sound at CinemaCon 2014
Mar 24, 2014
Cinemaxx to Roll Out 100 Dolby Atmos Screens in Indonesia
Mar 10, 2014
First Australian Film to Get Dolby Atmos Mix Down Under
Feb 25, 2014
Godzilla to Feature Dolby Atmos Mix
Feb 24, 2014
Dolby Signs Agreement to Acquire Doremi Labs
Jan 17, 2014
The Inaugural Launch of Dolby Atmos at Cathay Cineplexes in Singapore
Jan 6, 2014
Curt Behlmer Joins Dolby as Senior Vice President of Content Solutions and Industry Relations
Dec 13, 2013
Dolby Atmos Coming to Cinemex
©Copyright 2014 Main Site . All rights reserved.