Start/Menu > Find Press Releases >
Refresh this page
San Francisco—Jan 6, 2017
Dolby Laboratories Enables the Future of Entertainment
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos momentum showcased at CES
This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) is showcasing the future of consumer entertainment, and how it is delivering spectacular imaging and audio experiences in partnership with leading global brands such as Lenovo, LG, P&F USA (Philips), Sony, and TCL, across broadcast, over-the-top (OTT), Ultra HD Blu-ray, gaming, and music. Dolby has accelerated global partner momentum in all categories, with a growing number of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos enabled products and content announced at the show.
“Dolby is transforming visual and audio experiences for consumers everywhere with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos,” said Kevin Yeaman, President and CEO, Dolby Laboratories. “The industry’s endorsement of Dolby Vision is growing with Sony joining LG, TCL, Vizio, and other major manufacturers in delivering the Dolby Vision experience to consumers. For the first time, consumers will be able to get the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos experience through one product with LG’s 2017 OLED TVs.”
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos Together in One Product
Dolby’s deep expertise in bringing advanced audio and imaging technologies from the cinema to the home, now brought together for the first time in one product, has led to distinct features that enable Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to consumers.
Dolby Vision Adoption Accelerates
- Dolby and LG Electronics announced that LG 2017 OLED TVs will support Dolby Vision high-dynamic-range (HDR) imaging and Dolby Atmos breakthrough audio in a new combined home entertainment experience. Consumers can now experience content with both cutting-edge imaging and state-of-the-art sound technology through one product.
Dolby announced new and continued partnerships with four leading global TV manufacturers, including LG, Philips, Sony, and TCL, raising the number of TV OEMs around the world that support Dolby Vision to seven. In addition to TVs, Dolby announced that new Ultra HD Blu-ray players from LG and Philips will support Dolby Vision via a software update in early 2017.
From content creation to distribution and playback, Dolby Vision is an end-to-end solution supported by leading Hollywood directors, major studios and distributors, and TV OEMs worldwide. On-demand streaming services feature a strong lineup of Dolby Vision content, with more than 80 studio titles available today. Additionally, close to 100 hours of original content is available in Dolby Vision across leading OTT providers globally, and consumers will soon have access to a library of Dolby Vision content on Ultra HD Blu-ray, with anticipated availability in early 2017.
- In addition to LG’s newly announced OLED lineup, LG Super UHD TVs will continue to support Dolby Vision in 2017. These are joined by the LG UP970 Ultra HD Blu-ray player, which will support Dolby Vision later this year via a software update
- Dolby and Sony have partnered to bring Dolby Vision to Sony’s newly announced premium 4K HDR TV line, giving Sony’s global customers access to spectacular HDR experiences in the home with Dolby Vision.
- P&F USA and Dolby announced the launch of new Philips branded 4K Ultra HD televisions and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray players featuring Dolby Vision. All 2017 Philips 4K Ultra HD 6000, 7000, and 8000 series televisions will support Dolby Vision out of the box. The Philips BDP7502 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player will support Dolby Vision on Ultra HD Blu-ray discs later this year via a software update from Philips.
- TCL announced that its C-Series and P-Series TV lines will support Dolby Vision.
Dolby Atmos Gains Widespread Global Adoption
Dolby Atmos support has accelerated, and the Dolby Atmos experience is now available in multiple form factors, making the experience more accessible to consumers around the world.
- LG announced its new SJ9 soundbar featuring Dolby Atmos breakthrough audio and a sleek design that adds an instant aesthetic accent to any home.
- Dolby and Sony also announced that the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar and STR-DN1080 AVR will feature Dolby Atmos, with availability in North America in spring of 2017, followed by global availability.
- Onkyo and Pioneer unveiled their first soundbars with Dolby Atmos: the Onkyo SBT-A500 and Pioneer ELITE FS-EB70 Network Surround Soundbar Systems.
- Lenovo has partnered with Dolby to launch the Lenovo Legion Y720 as part of its line of gaming PCs, making it the world’s first Dolby Atmos enabled PC.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.:
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Directory page
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Web Site
More Dolby SF Press Releases:
May 26, 2017
Les Cinémas Gaumont Pathé and Dolby to Launch Dolby Cinema in France and Expand Presence Throughout the Netherlands
Mar 28, 2017
Dadi Cinema Group Selects Dolby ShowVault/Integrated Media Blocks, Dolby Digital Cinema Processors and Dolby Atmos for Cinema Screens in China
Mar 28, 2017
Wanda Cinema Line Selects Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Cinema Processors for Cinema Screens in China in 2017
Mar 27, 2017
Dolby Cinema Coming to the Middle East
Mar 24, 2017
Dolby Offers Full Spectrum of Industry-leading Cinema Solutions at CinemaCon 2017
Mar 24, 2017
Dolby Surpasses Milestone of 1,000 Dolby Atmos Screens Installed in Asia Pacific
Mar 24, 2017
Dolby Atmos Conquers New Audio Heights in Russia and CIS
Mar 23, 2017
Dolby Announces Innovative Audio and Imaging Products for the Cinema
Mar 6, 2017
Dolby’s Curt Behlmer to Receive the 2017 Ken Mason Inter-Society Award
Mar 2, 2017
Dolby Enhances the Moviegoer Experience by Bringing Dolby Atmos to All Reel Cinemas Screens in the Middle East
Feb 9, 2017
Dolby Cinema Showcases Strong Spring Lineup
Jan 18, 2017
Dolby Atmos Transforms the 2017 Sundance Film Festival
Jan 10, 2017
Dolby Cinema at AMC Opens Its 50th Location
Dec 23, 2016
Wanda Opens Its 10th Dolby Cinema at Beijing Fengtai
Dec 19, 2016
Dolby Cinema Offers Strong Slate of Titles into 2017
Dec 7, 2016
Dolby Atmos: Breaking the Sound Barrier
Dec 6, 2016
MBO Cinemas Commits to 100 Units of Dolby ShowVault/Integrated Media Blocks in Malaysia
Dec 5, 2016
Dolby Cinema Travels to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Nov 1, 2016
GDC and Dolby Resolve Litigation
©Copyright 2003 - 2017
. All rights reserved.